Thank you for your interest in our 2022 Underdog Scholarship. Applications are no longer being accepted for this year. The 2022 Underdog Scholarship winner is Catie Scola.
At Busald Funk Zevely PSC, we have dedicated our lives to representing the underdogs. We are inspired by those who accomplish their goals despite having the odds stacked against them. . Whether it be David versus Goliath, the “Miracle on Ice”, or simply passing a math test you studied tirelessly for – no underdog story is worth going untold. In order to reward and recognize those who have battled their way through adversity to achieve their dreams, we are excited to officially introduce our 2022 Underdog Scholarship!
The 2022 Underdog Scholarship was created to reward a student who has gone above and beyond to achieve their goals. To apply for the 2022 Underdog Scholarship, students are encouraged to answer the following prompt: In 750-1,000 words, tell us about a time when you were an underdog. What made you an underdog, and how did you persevere against the odds to accomplish your goal? The winner of the 2021 Underdog Scholarship will receive a $1,000 scholarship from Busald Funk Zevely towards their education.
- The candidate must submit a 750-1,000 word essay response to the prompt: Tell us about a time when you were an underdog. What made you an underdog, and how did you persevere against the odds to accomplish your goal?
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
- The 2022 Underdog Scholarship is made available to students who are enrolled as high school seniors, college students, or graduate students. The student must also be a legal resident of the United States living in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia. Additionally, the winner must be enrolled in a two to a five-year post-secondary institution for the 2022 Fall Semester.
- Employees of Busald Funk Zevely PSC, those in their immediate family such as parents, children, siblings, and spouses are not eligible to receive the 2022 Underdog Scholarship. Persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Best-suited candidates for this scholarship should be in positive overall academic standing at their school.
The deadline to apply for the 2022 Underdog Scholarship is March 31st, 2022. The recipient of the 2022 Underdog Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31st, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Busald Funk Zevely PSC – 2022 Underdog Scholarship Application.”