What Happens if the Other Person Doesn’t Have Enough Insurance?

In Kentucky, drivers are only required to carry $25,000 in liability insurance.  In many serious injury cases, $25,000 is not enough to cover the medical expenses or the income you have lost from work.  At Busald Funk Zevely, we will locate all available insurance policies, including any underinsured motorist (UIM) policies that might cover your damages.

Underinsured Motorist (UIM) coverage is a very important type of insurance coverage that protects you and your family when you are injured in a car wreck.  It is an optional coverage that applies as a secondary or “excess” type of coverage only if the at-fault party does not have enough insurance to cover the damages caused by the car wreck.

At Busald Funk Zevely, our experienced attorneys are skilled in identifying and locating additional layers of insurance coverage that apply to the damages you sustained in a car wreck.  We will thoroughly investigate your claim in order to get you the financial compensation you deserve. If you have been injured in a car wreck in Boone County or another city in Kentucky, contact our team of experienced injury attorneys today.

Busald Funk Zevely PSC

Busald Funk Zevely PSC